Development QA I
Bellevue, WA, United States
Crystal Northwest, a subsidiary of Crystal Dynamics and the Square-Enix family and the studio behind the award-winning Tomb Raider game franchise, is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent to our family. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best of the best to craft the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of development experience, as well as our studio members’ combined AAA game industry pedigree, has established us as one of the premier studios in the world today. Come and make us even better! Crystal Nortwest is located in Bellevue, WA.
We are looking for enthusiastic and detail-oriented gaming masters to work on our award-winning Franchises! Come join our Dev QA team as a Development Quality Assurance expert at our Bellevue, WA studio This is a permanent, full-time position; prefer local candidates with flexible and immediate availability who are able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Working as part of the DevQA team, these experts write and execute test plans on pre-release versions of game software to identify unintended behaviors and detail results in clear, concise context for developers to address these issues. DevQA personnel tests software for functionality, ease of use, reliability, consistency, and report design and usability issues foundwith supporting materials as required.
- Perform procedural and destructive software testing as directed.
- Accurately record and regress issues found by entering them into a tracking database in a clear and concise manner.
- Learn and utilize company standards, processes and styles for issue reporting and tracking.
- Work directly with members of all development disciplines, provide clear feedback, and assist in troubleshooting game and setup issues.
- Work to ensure that software is compliant with internal, publishing, and first party certification standards prior to release or submission.
- Complete daily assignments and special tasks as assigned including but not limited to video captures, game demos, etc.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be capable of working well in groups as well as independently.
- Must have demonstrably clear written and oral communication skills as well as analytical skills for problem-solving and retracing one’s steps to reproduce those problems.
- Familiarity with test case management software, such as TestRail.
- Familiarity with visual scripting, such as Blueprints or FlowGraph.
- Familiarity with version control software, such as Perforce.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio and remote debugging.
- Current knowledge of Console game hardware, setups, and usage.
- Current knowledge of PC hardware, operating systems, and the MS Office Suite.
- Phenomenal attention to detail.
- 1+ years of professional testing experience on current generation console platforms (Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or equivalent).
- 1+ years of experience with tracking databases, such as Jira or TestTrack Pro.
- At least one shipped high-quality title.
- Flexible schedule with a minimum availability of 40 hours per week.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Computer Science, Game Design, or discipline specialty).
- Experience with Python and VBA scripting.
- Love and passion for AAA gaming and gamers!
Crystal Northwest and Crystal Dynamics are EOE and M/F/D/V Employers.