Senior Brand Director
Redwood City, CA, United StatesApply Here
Redwood City, CA, United StatesApply Here
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family and the studio behind the award-winning Tomb Raider franchise, is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent worldwide to our family.
We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best of the best to craft the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of development experience, as well as our studio members’ combined AAA game industry pedigree, has established us as one of the premier studios in the world today.
Come and make us even better! Crystal Dynamics is headquartered in sunny Redwood City, CA, just south of San Francisco and north of San Jose.
Join the studio as a Senior Brand Director to work on some of the biggest gaming franchises in the world. Benefits for this full-time, permanent position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and 20 days of paid time-off. You also receive free access to a well-appointed 50,000’ foot athletic club (complete with a rock-climbing wall and pool!), an impressive on-site cafeteria with food options for every palate, and a gorgeous natural campus by San Francisco Bay.
The Senior Brand Director is primarily responsible for leading the development of the Brand Strategy for Crystal Dynamics’ portfolio of titles. This includes, but is not limited to, setting product positioning, identifying target audiences, leading category and competitive analysis, setting marketing strategies, and managing product life-cycle management and the brand budget. The Senior Brand Director will then lead the Brand team to create the assets and tools for regional marketing teams and external partners to implement this campaign – including 1st party partners and other campaign partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Formulate the Brand Strategy for Crystal Dynamics titles. Work with Product Development, Creative Agencies, Sales, Channel Marketing, Public Relations, and Marketing Partners to build a strategic plan that will lay the foundation for building Go-To-Market plans. Brand Strategies should include foundational plans for positioning, targeting, creative, communications, social, community, pricing, and SKU strategies.
· Lead the creation of all brand assets, including packaging, advertising, online and style guide and promotional assets. Determine global asset needs, creative workflows, manage agency relationships, creative budgets, creation of asset schedules, and delivery timelines with Regional Marketing teams.
· Lead a cross-functional team consisting of Brand management, Creative Services, Social and Community, and communications professionals. Manage workflows and task lists, build out personnel development plans, and cultivate a positive team dynamic.
· Build effective relationships with Regional Marketing teams (across NA, LATAM, EMEA, ASIA and JAPAN) to help deliver materials and solutions that directly support territory marketing campaigns and sales targets. Review and approve Regional Go-To-Market plans to ensure that they are on-strategy and on-brand.
· Work with Studio development leadership to create a clear and constructive understanding of how the game pillars fit into the overall Brand Strategy.
· Using consumer analytics, user research and industry assessments, follow pertinent global market events and keep the development teams apprised of important developments. Determine information gaps about our player base and work with Consumer Insights to develop market research plans to develop stronger insights.
· Collaborate with Product Development to help them develop unique game hooks, feature sets and concepts that are financially viable for the marketplace.
· Optimize player acquisition and retention with the Live Ops team by developing marketing plans and designing assets for global marketing teams to maximize the revenue generated across territories.
· Work with the Communications and Community teams to ensure there is a constant flow of information with the players to help maintain and grow player engagement with the game and the ecosystem in line with best in class GAAS execution.
· Build out channels to increase the organic / owned reach of the game to optimize engagement and information flow, keeping the community connected.
· Work with the Brand Management and Creative Services team to create, refine and enforce a robust asset flow process with clear roles and responsibilities.
· Maintain visibility on all program elements of the campaign
· Work with Studio heads, HR and recruiting to help define, grow and implement Crystal Dynamics internal and external messaging.
· A minimum of 8-10 years successfully bringing AAA titles to market within the computer games and/or entertainment industry.
· Operational understanding of the requirements for North American, European and Asian markets.
· Strong leadership qualities with the ability to lead and empower a team.
· Team player that brings out the best in people
· Driven by the successful delivery of projects and flawless execution at all levels
· Ability to work with studio, Regional Marketing teams, and external partners.
· Proven track record of successful, integrated campaign management, and of driving global partners to execute a triple-A Marketing campaign.
· Experience and working knowledge of what it takes to drive a successful game as a service / live ops-based game
· A firm understanding of industry marketing, competitive and sales trends.
· Strong balance of both creative and quantitative/analytical skills.
· Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
· The ideal candidate will have a 4-year college degree, with an MBA preferred.
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V Employer.