Redwood City, CA, United States
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family and the studio behind the award-winning Tomb Raider franchise, is constantly on the hunt to add even more top-tier gaming talent worldwide to our family. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best of the best to craft the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25 years of development experience, as well as our studio’s combined AAA game industry pedigree, has established us as one of the premier studios in the world today. Come and make us even better! Crystal Dynamics is headquartered in sunny Redwood City, CA, just south of San Francisco and north of San Jose.
Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and 20 days of paid time-off. You also receive free access to a well-appointed 50,000’ foot athletic club (complete with a rock climbing wall and pool!), an impressive on-site cafeteria with food options for every palate, a gorgeous natural campus by the Bay and discounts on all of Square-Enix’s games and goodies.
Crystal Dynamics is seeking an adventurous Community Manager to brave the discussion boards and explore deep within well-established channels to build and nurture relationships with our global community. As part of a veteran community management team armed with the right tools and experience, you will represent one of the most iconic gaming brands in the world.
- Reports to and works with the Senior Community Manager in planning, executing and maintaining social events, messaging and other strategies within and external to the studio.
- Communicates directly with the community - giving attention to and bringing requests and feedback to the forefront of our development and other studio teams.
- Searches for and provides social and community feedback on goals and strategies within the current brand campaign.
- Drafts and vets community outreach copy with our internal teams and IP holders.
- Writes copy for in-game messaging, patch notes, blogs, website updates, FAQ and social responses.
- Brainstorm and aid Senior Community Manager in developing community goals, programs, strategies, and tactics.
- Create and maintain unique community initiatives that help turn fans into evangelists.
- Work with internal stakeholders on establishing and executing influencer campaigns.
- Work with partners on promotions of products, partnerships, sales, etc.
- Partners with the Senior Community Manager to create game-specific social media channels and deliver a detailed milestone map to delivering key goals for Social Networking growth.
- Manage a campaign calendar and ensure stakeholders around the world always have clear marching orders.
- Execute a data-driven social campaign with established KPIs and detailed, actionable reporting in a timely manner.
- Execute a community campaign that supports global PR, Marketing, and partner initiatives.
- Coordinate and execute community programming and events both in-person and remotely.
- Collaborate with internal and external talent in the creation of assets that meet brand standards.
- Coordinate and execute a post-launch sustain campaign.
- Attend industry events as required, including frequent international travel.
- Act as a studio spokesperson via hosting online programming or live events.
- 3-4 years minimum of experience as a PR/Community Manager in the video game industry.
- Experience working on AAA games.
- Deep understanding of competitive landscape and industry best practices.
- Ability to look at extensive in-game player data and pull actionable insights.
- Ability to track and maintain project budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with peers and senior management.
- Experience working with highly confidential information.
- Ability to maintain pacing in situations of intense schedules.
- Proven track record of prioritization and multitasking skills with a solution-oriented and highly collaborative attitude.
- Ability to systematically meet deadlines and targets.
- Long-term planning focused and process oriented, while remaining agile enough to address emerging issues and opportunities.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Expertise in primary social networks and an understanding of how to optimize content for them.
- Experience with native social media (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics) analytics tools, as well as 3rdparty options such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and Brandwatch.
- Strong understanding of social and community channels such as Discord, Reddit, forums, and more.
- Familiarity with image editing software and light graphic design knowledge. Video editing abilities a plus.
- Familiarity with livestreaming software.
- Ability to use developer tools to set up in-game events.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Confluence, Trello, and Jira.
- Ambition and passion for video games are critical.
- Show us that you're social! Please include some links in a cover letter that include samples of the content you've made and the strategies you've employed to engage and grow your communities! (This could be content calendars, event recaps, writing samples, and metrics)
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V Employer.