Bellevue, WA, United States
is looking for an experienced DevOps Specialist
to join our Global Online Infrastructure Division
housed at the Crystal Northwest
studio in Bellevue, WA
The OID team focuses on designing and managing the infrastructure hosting public-facing online services, including websites, complex web applications, online game servers and backends, and data analytics platforms.
With the important growth of critical applications relying on this infrastructure throughout the company, we are implementing a “follow the sun” approach with members in London, Montreal and the US west coast and on-call activities (24x7).
The OID team is keen on adopting the latest advanced technologies, and putting in place a DevOps methodology to help in delivering the best games in the industry.
Working for Square Enix also means working in a relaxed environment, close to game teams, on exciting projects that have a high value for the company.
- Design, implement and manage multi-provider public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Provide technical support towards all aspect of the infrastructure and help developers in debugging, troubleshooting and optimizing online software components and tools.
- Work with agile delivery teams to ensure build management, automated testing and software deployment.
- Provide high-quality support of the infrastructure and liaise with the other 3rd level support teams regarding networking, server and storage issues.
- Monitor online services and take necessary actions to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Participate in on-call activities when required.
- Create and maintain documentation on systems architecture, processes, workflows and playbooks to respond to alerts.
- Work alongside the subject matter experts and system administrators located at other sites.
Technical Competencies, Skills & Experience
- Maintain and improve system automation and management tools
- Monitor system security
- Script, manage, configure and tailor monitoring solutions and respond to incidents
- 5+ years experience working in a Sysadmin/DevOps Engineer/SRE role for a medium sized company supporting large scale, complex production infrastructure
- Linux system administration
- Troubleshooting methodologies
- Design, implementation and management of infrastructure
- Hybrid cloud production environment with IaaS / PaaS Public cloud (preferably AWS and GCP) as well as on-premises infrastructure
- Websites and web applications
- Highly available systems, distributed and clustered systems
- Container technologies and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- SQL and noSQL databases
- System automation (deployment and configuration management), ex: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/SaltStack
- Infrastructure as Code, ex: Terraform, CloudFormation
- Alerting systems, central logging, log analytics, backup and archive solutions, ex : prometheus, grafana, kibana, icinga, observer, cacti, logstash, rsyslog, graylog
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Version control solutions
Other Important competencies and Interpersonal Skills
- Interest in working towards high quality standards, finding the right solutions, following best practices
- Strong focus on business outcomes and a service provider attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated and "self-starting"
- Team player
- Motivated to share knowledge and open to constructive challenging by the team
- Willing to work outside of the standard business hours when required
- Passion for video games
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. AWS/GCP certification: DevOps/SysOps/Architect; Linux related)
- Experience of working in gaming industry
Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics are EOE and M/F/D/V employers.