Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer
Bellevue, WA, United States
Crystal Northwest is a wholly owned extension of Crystal Dynamics, the award winning, AAAA game studio known for iconic game franchises such as Tomb Raider and the upcoming game based on Marvel’s Avengers franchise. Benefits for this permanent, full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with generous amounts of company holidays, paternity leave, and paid time-off.
Crystal Northwest is looking for a Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer to craft unique shared online gameplay experiences for our Crystal Northwest Studio in Bellevue, WA. The Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer will work under the direction of the lead multiplayer designer to craft fun and engaging online gameplay systems from concept to completion. As Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer, this person is responsible for executional quality of the game’s vision through direct contribution to multiplayer systems. They will partner with the team to deliver AAAA-quality multiplayer gameplay experiences. This designer will be a hands-on individual contributor with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of game balance and tuning.
- Work under the direction of the Lead Multiplayer Designer to concept, design and implement multiplayer game systems from the ground up.
- Develop new tools and architecture.
- Implement and tune multiplayer gameplay systems within a proprietary authoring system.
- Partner with other designers to iterate against the game’s defined goals within allotted time frames.
- Document design decisions clearly and communicate to key stake holders.
- Work with other designers and across disciplines to ensure successful integration of gameplay systems into the game.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Broad-based understanding about what makes multiplayer levels and systems fun to play.
- Hands-on experience creating AAA multiplayer games.
- Ability to design and develop multiplayer system designs from concept to finished product.
- Strong math and balancing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of game design theory and game development concepts.
- Ability to communicate and present complex game systems.
- Experience documenting and tuning game systems.
- Experience working within a proprietary game engine and editor.
- A thorough understanding of contemporary game design.
- A great passion and enthusiasm for designing and playing games
- 7+ years of AAA game development experience.
- Must have at least two highly-rated AAA game shipped as a Multiplayer Designer.
- Experience designing multiplayer systems for highly rated AAA action-adventure titles or 3rd person shooter titles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about comics and superheroes.
- Familiar with the Marvel comic or cinematic universes.
Crystal Dynamics and Crystal Northwest are EOE and M/F/D/V Employers.