Senior Cinematic Animator
Redwood City, CA, United States
Crystal Dynamics is seeking a Senior-level Cinematic Animator to breathe life into characters through outstanding, believable performances. The animator will be well-rounded enough to provide solutions for scenes, faces, and even assemble and piece together data for videos.
This is a 3-month, Project Full-time position complete with benefits from Crystal Dynamics, including a competitive salary, health insurance options to suit all lifestyles, generous paid time-off, as well as other studio and corporate perks, such as a free gym and discounts on games and goodies.
The Senior Cinematic Animator will primarily be focused on delivering high-quality cinematic animation for games in collaboration with designers, animators and the Cinematic Producer. The Senior Cinematic Animator will be animating a wide range of subjects including human locomotion, facial performances, animals and props (objects/devices). The Senior Cinematic Animator will partner with the cinematographer to achieve a cohesive character performance from scene to scene.
- Create pre-viz animations using data from mocap shoots;
- Process mocap data and integrate into cinematic scenes;
- Bring mocap data and cinematic scenes to final polish;
- Partner with various disciplines to create a cohesive experience in our games
- Work in a collaborative environment where feedback and direction are welcomed;
- Produce quality animations and scenes on time while respecting and supporting the cinematic vision and animation goals.
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 7+ years with game and/or feature film animation with an emphasis on high-quality cinematic character performances.
- Experience with motion capture (eg. Motion Builder).
- Strong experience with Maya and other animation packages.
- Experience with 3D character animation (mesh creation, texturing, skinning, IK etc).
- Strong demo reel, including examples of character-based animation and performances.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of traditional animation techniques.
- Must be skilled in animating human and humanoid movements.
- Experience with realistic (non-cartoon based) animation.
- Experience with compositing tools.
- Ability to deliver animations on-time.
* Portfolios/demos are required to apply for this position. If your demo requires a password, please include it in your initial application; inaccessible demos/portfolios will not be considered. Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.
- Experience with the creation of animation trees and real-time animation blending (AnimGraphs) is a plus.
- Basic understanding of all areas of character creation (mesh, texturing, skinning, rigging) is a plus.
- General technical aptitude is a plus.
- Experience with MEL-scripting is a plus.
- Experience with non-linear editors like Adobe Premiere Pro a plus.
- Experience in facial performance animation is a plus.