External Lead Animator
Redwood City, CA, United States
The Lead Animator will work with external partners to develop AAA PC and console releases. They will have extensive AAA game experience and an amazing reel. They should have an end to end understanding of the game development process and feel equally at home with hand-keyed and mocap animations. Crystal Dynamics seeks team players who are passionate about playing and creating World Class games.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with external teams to deliver games with an AAA animation bar.
- Create in-game animations that seamlessly mix with the animations of other team members
- Visually scripting animation graphs/ trees
- Partnering with various disciplines to create a cohesive vision for the games
- Work in a collaborative environment where feedback is welcome
- Producing quality animations within scheduling constraints
- Mentor and train animation team members
- Constantly evaluate animation workflow and recommend improvements
- Collaborate with animation team to ensure building effective animation controls.
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve character animation challenges
- Work with Technical Art team to ensure cross functional tools studio wide
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.
- 8+ years of experience in character animation for games
- Ability to work in a range of styles, from humorous/cartoony to realistic, and can maintain the appropriate style over the course of a project.
- Basic understanding of all areas of character creation (mesh, texturing, skinning, IK)
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with little supervision
- Experience setting up animation trees and animation blending
- Impeccable organization and time-management skills
- Strong proficiency in Maya
- A passion for games
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude!!!