IT Support Specialist II
Redwood City, CA, United States
Our organization is a dynamic, fast paced, agile environment. The IT Support Specialist II will be responsible for providing day-to-day technical support to our development teams, both on-site and remote at our Crystal Northwest studio. The IT Support Team is responsible for ensuring our developers and support staff have properly functioning technology on an individual basis as well as troubleshooting more complex studio wide issues and escalating to specialised teams when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded background including weekly reporting to managers, request management, basic incident investigating and large-scale purchasing requests and assisting with project proposals.
Building and maintaining a positive perception of IT within the organization through world-class customer service by employing excellent communication that is time-sensitive and transparent through multiple avenues of contact including face-to-face, through email/IM/phone and our ticket support system
- Incident management and tracking using Jira/ Confluence
- Track/route issues and customer requests including documentation of resolutions within our service ticketing system (Jira Service Desk)
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Redirect or escalate problems to appropriate resource as needed
- New hire hardware planning/ordering/allocation
- Weekly reports to the IT Support Manager as well as regular feedback on IT activities
Assisting in longer term and other projects:
- Identify opportunities and implement action to achieve efficiency
- Take the lead on other minor and major project initiatives involving the service desk
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures
- Work with subject matter experts on networking and server projects to improve the end user experience
- Work with internal teams on purchasing projects to ensure quality, cost effectiveness, and timely delivery of goods and services – including procurement of all IT equipment
- Manage third Party contractors to agreed performance levels. Build effective relationships with their key account managers
- Oversee asset management IT hardware
- Manage yearly refresh of studio desktops, laptops, monitors development kits
- Mentor and teach existing and new service desk staff on new responsibilities, technologies and tasks
Must be able to effectively work, multi-task, and deliver required results in a rapid paced 24/7 live production environment.
Experience managing IT support for 250+ users on premise and additional remote employees in a Windows environment.
- Experience supporting multiple users in a Windows environment (Active directory, Exchange etc…)
- Experience supporting PC hardware at a build level (High end Gaming hardware and Game consoles)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment as well as independently
- Excellent decision-making capabilities
- Dependable and committed to projects and tasks
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with outsourcing, managing external vendors or teams, and directing others through written and verbal communication.
- Understands game production process and development cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Strong time-management skills with a proven ability to focus on and re-priorities multiple tasks to properly solve issues in a timely manner including deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with artists, programmers and designers.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization on a broad range of topics: technical, business and creative.
- 3 – 5 years of IT Support/Service Desk experience in a medium to large size company.
- Must have a strong understanding of PC client workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, printers, mobile devices, networking,
- Experience with external and/or distributed development
- Desired Experience:
- Previous experience supporting a AAA Game Studio and development applications.
- Relevant vocational qualifications: MCP, MCSE, ITIL or similar
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.