Redwood City, CA, United States
Crystal Dynamics is seeking a Release Engineer for a full-time, permanent position in their Redwood City, CA studio. Candidates are expected to have knowledge or experience in release management methodologies and associated technologies as well as excellent communication skills to lead and manage the release process.
Crystal Dynamics is seeking an experienced Release Engineer. The Release Engineer will collaborate with a variety of teams in the studio include Development, QA, DevOps, User Research and Analytics to move our games from Development to Release. As a successful Release Engineer, you will work closely with QA, Build Engineer, and Lead Programmer on monitoring the automated build and integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failure. You will also work with Build Engineer to understand and communicate impact of branches and code merges. You will collaborate with the QA Lead to establish and maintain bug triage process, determine and prioritize must fix issues for release and work with appropriate team members to ensure bug fixes happen as planned. You will work closely with dev production, QA, and Live Ops teams on identifying and resolving risk related to releases
- Define the build update and deploy processes, including but not limited to:
- Build out scripting to make the build process quicker and easier to manage for test builds and hotfixes.
- Build out tools to facilitate deployment and testing of PC and console builds (Xbox One, PS4).
- Understand the process and policies associated with the content ingestion pipelines for Microsoft, Sony and Valve; and follow them closely as you submit products for release to the public.
- Understand and execute the platform certification requirements and assist development teams in determining potential issues before and during release
- Create, document, execute, and improve the process of build packaging, verification, certification, and release.
- Drive communication and troubleshooting of release issues.
- Coordinate all release / configuration / change management-related tasks.
- Develop and maintain roadmaps and release schedules for release candidates.
- Responsible for owning the delivery of successful periodic releases, and managing the tasks associated in the planning, execution and cut-over of all release level activities.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling, and managing of both internal and external releases.
- 5+ years of experience creating and maintaining automated build systems.
- Expertise in Perforce is a must (2+ years of experience in a production environment)
- Experience setting up branching structures that support varying levels of stability (e.g., tofu structure)
- Willing and able to pick up any disparate tasks thrown your way - engineering, dev, prod, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of common languages used in build systems (C#, Python, PowerShell).
- Strong working knowledge of command line interfaces (DOS/Linux), Powershell and SQL interface and maintenance tools.
- Familiar with bug tracking software such as Jira
- Willingness to communicate with overseas developers outside of regular office hours.
- Experience with creating and maintaining documentation such as technical guides and system diagrams.
- Experience with build and release processes for a Software as a Service product
- Exposure to platform certification processes
- Knowledge of game development process and exposure to working with shipped and live titles
- Experience managing deployment and maintenance for console (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) products is a plus!
- Hands-on experience with Content Delivery Networks such as Akamai or MaxCDN a plus.
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V Employer